In the video below, Ken Rohla discusses how commercial grade ozonation from O2 Wizard cleared his house of mold and 10-year old cigarette odors, after replacing carpet, air conditioning systems (including duct work) and repainting his house failed to do so. One treatment lasted about 10 years at his home in rainy and humid Florida. Typical mold remediation techniques use toxic chemicals like chlorine bleach, ripping out the moldy parts of the building, and scrubbing everything down with bleach. The US Centers for Disease Control, for example, recommends these expensive, toxic, and ineffective methods:
How utterly ridiculous! Heavy commercial "shock ozonation" while the building is unoccupied can kill mold and mildew even inside walls and duct work! Of course, hire a professional to test before and after treatment so you know that the problem is truly solved, you may need more than just ozone for a specific problem, but ozonation should certainly be a part of the solution. I also use Effective Microorganisms (EM) to remove mold and mildew in localized areas. EM literally eats mold so it doesn't just die, it disappears, and EM is not only nontoxic, it's actually good for you, and you can consume it as a probiotic.
If you live in an area where mold is prevalent or an ongoing concern, you can buy your own commercial grade ozonators for about the price of one shock ozone treatment. (Note, these are much more powerful than consumer grade ozonators.) Bio Blaster at www.ozoengenerator2000.com makes excellent commercial grade equipment.
Kimi and Kenny Stevens at O2 Wizard offer mold and mildew removal services and franchise opportunities. See www.o2wizard.com for more info.